It’s Affordable Care Act open enrollment season (through December 15), so here are a few resources that may be helpful.
First, a thorough FAQ from the Kaiser Family Foundation about buying insurance through the marketplace. Next, a good overall open enrollment walkthrough from Tara Siegel Bernard. And finally, from Harry Sit, one specific tip that may be useful for some families.
- FAQs: Health Insurance Marketplace and the ACA from the Kaiser Family Foundation
- It’s Obamacare Sign-Up Time: How to Untangle Coverage Choices from Tara Siegel Bernard
- ACA Health Insurance: Different Plans For Different Family Members from Harry Sit
Other Recommended Reading
- Getting Higher Returns on Your Cash from Darrow Kirkpatrick
- How Much Income Do Retirees Actually Have? from Anqi Chen, Alicia Munnellm and Geoffrey Sanzenbacher
- More Tax Pain for Some Mutual Fund Shareholders in 2018 from Christine Benz
- Think Saving for Old Age Can’t Be Fun? Try Making It a Game from Elizabeth Harris
- Getting Real About (Annual) Health Care Costs In Retirement from Michael Kitces
- Fidelity’s Zero-Fee Lesson for Advisors from Dan Solin
Thanks for reading!
What is the Best Age to Claim Social Security?
Read the answers to this question and several other Social Security questions in my latest book:
|Social Security Made Simple: Social Security Retirement Benefits and Related Planning Topics Explained in 100 Pages or Less|
Disclaimer:Your subscription to this blog does not create a CPA-client or other professional services relationship between you and Mike Piper or between you and Simple Subjects, LLC. By subscribing, you explicitly agree not to hold Mike Piper or Simple Subjects, LLC liable in any way for damages arising from decisions you make based on the information available herein. Neither Mike Piper nor Simple Subjects, LLC makes any warranty as to the accuracy of any information contained in this communication. I am not a financial or investment advisor, and the information contained herein is for informational and entertainment purposes only and does not constitute financial advice. On financial matters for which assistance is needed, I strongly urge you to meet with a professional advisor who (unlike me) has a professional relationship with you and who (again, unlike me) knows the relevant details of your situation.
You may unsubscribe at any time by clicking the link at the bottom of this email (or by removing this RSS feed from your feed reader if you have subscribed via a feed reader).